From Monday 6th November 2017, Calumet rental will operate under the name Wex Rental.
If you have a question to which you cannot find the answer, please contact the Wex Rental team during opening hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why is the brand changing to Wex Rental?
Calumet Photographic and Wex Photographic have now merged to offer an improved experience and wider range of products to photographers and filmmakers across the UK. The improved Wex rental facility offers more products and services, making it easier to hire the right equipment for your shoot.
- As an existing Calumet customer, will there be any changes to my account?
No, all current account credentials will remain the same.
- Why are you moving to a new location in London?
Our current site in Drummond Street is subject to a Compulsory Purchase Order as part of the HS2 development and we have to vacate the site by the end of November. We have taken the decision to relocate the rental operation to Kennington Lane where there is additional storage space and parking available, while maintaining a pick-up and drop-off service from our new Whitechapel Showroom.
- Where is the new London store located?
Wex Rental will be located on 250 Kennington Lane, Unit C (SE11 5RD) in central London, a short walk from Vauxhall and Oval stations. As a Wex Rental customer, you are welcome to use one of the 7 free parking spaces during your visit. From 30th October, you will also be able to collect and return equipment at our new Wex Photo Video showroom, located on 37-39 Commercial Road E1 1LF.
- When are you moving to the new location?
As of Friday 3rd November 2017, we will no longer operate at 93-103 Drummond St. Our last day of operations at the current location is Thursday 2nd November 2017 and we will be ready to serve you at our new location from Monday 6th November.
- What will happen to rental orders I have already placed?
All rental orders will be fulfilled as normal.
- Where should I return the equipment? (London customers only)
As of Monday 6th November 2017, all rented equipment should be returned to our new location at 250 Kennington Lane, Unit C, London SE11 5RD.
- How far in advance would I need to book to collect from the Commercial Road showroom?
You will need to send us your booking enquiry by 10am for same day collections after 4pm and by 3pm for next day collections.
- What are your opening hours?
Our Vauxhall branch is open: Mon – Fri: 8am - 6pm, Sat 10am - 6pm. Please use our Whitechapel branch for collections or returns after 6pm, Mon - Fri.
- Will the new store still be staffed by the same knowledgeable team?
Yes, there will be no changes to the staffing in the new store.
- Who do I contact if I have any questions?
Please contact the Wex rental team on 020 7383 5127 and they will endeavour to deal with your enquiry.