Nikon AF-S 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR
High-performance telephoto zoom lens for use with FX-format SLRs.
With a broad 80-400mm focal range and superior optical design, this lens is suited to a variety of subjects including wildlife, landscapes and sports.
Nikon’s Vibration Reduction system lets you shoot at shutter speeds up to four stops slower for steady images at any focal length when shooting handheld. Four ED (Extra-low Dispersion) and one Super ED glass elements correct chromatic aberration and the kind of optical color defects that can occur at longer focal lengths.
- Type G AF-S lens with built-in CPU and F mount
- Focal length 80-400 mm
- Maximum aperture f/4.5-5.6
- Minimum aperture f/32-40
- Lens construction 20 elements in 12 groups (including 4 ED lens elements, 1 super ED lens element, and lens elements with a Nano-Crystal coating)
- Angle of view Nikon film SLR and FX-format D-SLR cameras: 30° 10? - 6° 10? Nikon DX-format D-SLR cameras: 20° - 4°
- Focusing Nikon Internal Focusing (IF) System with autofocus controlled by Silent Wave Motor and separate focus ring for manual focus
- Minimum focus distance AF: 1.75 m (5.74 ft) from focal plane at all zoom positions MF: 1.5 m (4.92 ft) from focal plane at all zoom positions
- Maximum reproduction ratio Approx. 1/5x
- No. of diaphragm blades 9 (rounded diaphragm opening)
- Diaphragm Fully automatic
- Aperture range 80 mm focal length: f/4.5 - 32 400 mm focal length: f/5.6 - 40 The minimum aperture displayed may vary depending on the size of the exposure increment selected with the camera.
- Filter-attachment size 77 mm (P = 0.75 mm)
- Dimensions Approx. 95.5 mm maximum diameter x 203 mm (distance from camera lens mount flange)
- Weight Approx. 1570 g (3.5 lb), including tripod collar Approx. 1480 g (3.3 lb) without tripod collar
What's in the box
- Front Cap
- Rear Cap